Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Spanish Doctor


08/26/2006 22:15:00
the last time i ever saw you
I watched you pack your bag,

and you asked me what looked good, on you, to wear, there.

I watched as you ate my dinner.


Never noticed that I didn't dine, as well.


You asked where the old boxes of photos were.


You went on and on, excitedly...


A self~involved child,

showing me things you feel as though you'd skipped.

I said to you 

that I had gotten you something for luck.

I brought out the antique Spanish stamp.


You took it without reply.


Then you sheepishly grinned,

and responded.
I got you something for luck, too.
You reached into your wallet,
where you placed my magick gift.

And you tried to hand me twenty dollars.


I did not reach for it.


"For luck." You said.


"Via con Dios, mi amigo." I said low.


"OH, yeah... you too."


I realized at that moment 

that my heart 
could comply with exactly what you wanted.

And never miss you, again.


~Pani Dulce~

No comments:

Post a Comment